Round-Up preparing to distribute yearbooks, memories

Distribution day moves to arena for first time

After+school+today%2C+Round-Up+staff+members+and+Coppell+Cowboys+football+players+unloaded+the+yearbook+trucks+and+divided+the+arena+into+alphabetized+sections.+Yearbooks+will+be+distributed+tomorrow+in+the+arena+from+7%3A45+a.m.+to+3+p.m.+for+those+who+pre-purchased.+

Bren Flechtner

After school today, Round-Up staff members and Coppell Cowboys football players unloaded the yearbook trucks and divided the arena into alphabetized sections. Yearbooks will be distributed tomorrow in the arena from 7:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. for those who pre-purchased.

Anthony Cesario, Co-Student Life Editor

The day Coppell High School Round-Up Yearbook members have been working toward all year is almost upon them.

The 2018 Round-Up Yearbooks will be distributed tomorrow in the arena from 7:45 a.m. to 3 p.m. for those who pre-purchased.

“The thing I’m most excited for on distribution day is getting to see people’s faces when they see the book for the first time,” Round-Up managing editor senior Lauren McCord said. “When you put so much work into something and it finally pays off, it is just so satisfying, especially knowing that you’re doing something for the school and that the student body will go back and look at your work for probably the rest of their life.”

Today after school, Round-Up staff members will unload the trucks that have all the books in them and divide the arena into alphabetized sections. This year is the first time yearbooks will be distributed in the arena instead of the gym.

During distribution day, staff members make sure everyone gets their yearbook, answer any questions people have and show off the parts of the yearbook they are most excited for people to see.

“My favorite part in creating the yearbook was writing stories over the cool things that happen throughout the year,” Round-Up student life editor sophomore Elizabeth Crutchfield said. “One of my favorite stories to write was about senior self-defense, where senior girls get together at the Coppell Police Department and learn certain techniques if ever they get caught in a bad situation.”

While most students will only see the finalized version of the yearbook, a lot of work goes into creating it. The staff works their hardest to make sure they cover all the important things that happen in CHS throughout the year as well as events that the student body may be less aware of.

“The most challenging part of yearbook is getting all of the work done perfectly before deadline,” Crutchfield said. “We have four deadlines that consist of a lot of work. It is a little stressful, but if all of the staff works together, then we get it done and it looks amazing.”

The theme for this year’s yearbook is ‘Much More Than’.

“I’m really proud of the way we showed that people are more than what you think they are, [and with] things that happen, there’s a lot more than what you see,” Round-Up adviser Sallyanne Harris said. “We put a lot of effort into making sure we cover everyone, and we hope that [this yearbook] is something that [students] will cherish forever”.

Follow @anthony_SK2017 on Twitter