• The Senior Awards ceremony is May 23 in the arena

• CISD Night at the Ballpark is May 25

• Six Flags tickets are on sale for $36 during all lunches.

Students recognize teachers’ hardwork for Teacher Appreciation Week (with video)

Nishant Medicharla and Disha Kohli

This week, many students at Coppell High School have been appreciating their teachers for all the hard work they have put in this school year, through Teacher Appreciation Week.

Teacher Appreciation Week is a time for students to show gratitude their teachers for all the hard work that has been put into their learning for the year.

CHS assistant principal Cindi Osborne thinks it is important to celebrate the hard work of teachers.

“It is important especially this time of year that we know all the hard work that they do,” Osborne said. “They put in tons of hours and a lot of dedication to educate their students. It is an opportunity for us to show our appreciation for everything that they do.”

Many other students at CHS are also grateful for all the hard work that has been put in by teachers, including CHS junior Nisha Ramesh.

“I love my physics teacher [AP/GT Physics I and II teacher Stephanie Sloan] because she has a very interactive style of teaching which allows me to do hands on experiments with physics projects,” Ramesh said. “She is extremely nice to me and I am able to connect with her, which makes her even more enjoyable.”

Sloan has also felt the love this week, and is grateful that she is a teacher.

“I love seeing the lights turn on for a student when they finally understand something plus physics is really fun to teach. There is always something new everyday to learn,” Sloan said. “I try to do as much hands on with my instruction and I try to start with an investigation. I try to lecture as little as possible.”

CHS sophomore Tharani Muthukumar recognizes GT/Honors English II teacher Collin Stephenson for his quality teaching.

“This year, Mr. Stephenson has helped me to greatly improve my writing skills a lot,” Muthukumar said. “I know that when I walk into his class I am learning, but at the same time I will not be too stressed.”

Follow Nishant @nishantnm1

Follow Disha @dishakohli_