• The annual Cheer Bingo Night will be held this Friday night on Sept. 21 from 6:00 p.m-9:30 p.m. at the CHS Commons.

Woodside Village development to provide “gathering place” for citizens

New businesses are being built in Coppell’s Woodside Village next to the local Sprouts Farmers Market on the corner of Denton Tap Road and Sandy Lake Road. Businesses such as Andy’s Frozen Custard, Sunny Street Cafe, Vardiman Black Pediatric Dentist, Resort Nails and Mattison Avenue Salon Suites & Spa are being constructed in the new retail space.

Karis Thomas

Karis Thomas

Lili Lomas, Executive Digital Content Editor

Coppell’s everchanging panorama is being added to through the construction of new businesses in Coppell’s Woodside Village.

This development, at the northwest corner of Denton Tap Road and Sandy Lake Road (next to Sprouts Farmers Market) is planned to include seven new businesses.

Construction plans for the project were approved by the city on Nov. 13 but the city is unsure when construction on the site will be complete.

According to developer Leon Capital Group, the site will include an Andy’s Frozen Custard, Sunny Street Cafe, Vardiman Black Pediatric Dentist, Resort Nails, Mattison Avenue Salon Suites & Spa and two available spaces.

“Just like what every retail adds to the community, it will add a gathering place,” City of Coppell development services coordinator Matthew Steer said.

Sunny Street Cafe is currently the only future tenant who has filed for a building permit.

Additionally, Leon Capital Group, not the City of Coppell, is in charge of this project so the city has limited control over when construction happens.

“The plans have been approved so they can do construction whenever they would like,” City of Coppell communications specialist Hannah Cook said.

Nevertheless, residents will take advantage of the new businesses coming to Coppell.

Lili Lomas is a senior and the Digital Content editor and Sports section editor for The Sidekick. She is a synchronized swimmer and always enjoys being in the pool whether for a workout or just for fun. She is also involved in St. Ann High School Ministry, the youth group at St. Ann Parish. You...
Karis Thomas, Staff Photographer
Karis Thomas is a senior and first year photographer for The Sidekick. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with friends and family, working on photography and traveling. She also enjoys spending time outdoors whether to explore the city, run, or bike. With comments or concerns, contact her @karisthomas_ or [email protected]