On the Spot: Prom tickets now on sale

Mari Pletta

Prom tickets went on sale today during all lunches. Prices for tickets are currently $85 but go up to $95 on April 11 and $105 on April 18.

Lili Lomas, Executive Digital Content Editor

Signaling the final preparations for Coppell High School prom 2018, tickets went on sale today during all lunches.

Prices for tickets are currently $85 but go up to $95 on April 11 and $105 on April 18.

Many students are surprised about the high price of the tickets.

“I don’t think it should be that much per person. It’s definitely pricey,” CHS senior Sonali Jariwala said.  

However, buying the ticket is the least of many students’ worries when it comes to planning for prom. For many senior girls, the planning began at the turn of the semester when the “Coppell HS Prom Dresses 2018” Facebook group was formed. Girls began posting pictures of their prom dresses in the group, some to ensure that no one bought the same dress as them, others to receive positive comments from their peers.

For the past few months, students have been busy organizing prom groups, renting limousines, and planning itineraries for the night now only two and a half weeks away. Therefore, the preparations are often stressful, and costly.

Still, students are willing to pay this price for a once in a lifetime high school experience.

“Even though it’s a little pricey, you only get one senior prom,” CHS senior Mythili Ponnapalli said.