Cowboys ride fast start en route to victory over Trojans

Coppell High School senior small forward Kevin Galvin shoots a layup during the game against the Trinity Trojans at the Coppell High School Arena on Nov. 29. The Coppell Cowboys defeated the Trinity Trojans, 58-49.

Aubrey Phillips

Aubrey Phillips

Aubrey Phillips

Arman Merchant, Staff Writer

Last night, the Coppell Cowboys took on the Trinity Trojans at the CHS Arena, securing a 58-49 victory.

The Cowboys set the tone in the first three minutes of the game with a 12-3 lead, after two three-pointers by junior guard Tariq Aman.

The Cowboys (5-1) were able to keep the lead the entire game, with good defense by sophomore forward Quevain Adger, who was able to keep the Trojans from getting open looks from beyond the three point line. The Cowboys were able to score in the paint, by crucial layups by senior forward Grayson Early and junior guard Carter Kryzak.

The Trojans struggled throughout the game, missing multiple shots in the paint, which lead to the Cowboys extending the lead during the second half.

Coppell coach Kit Pehl was impressed with the team’s ability to pass the ball and make plays in the paint. Pehl said the team focused on improving the chemistry throughout the week.

“We were able to play a lot of guys, especially for the guys that are the most effective is who we are most concerned with” Pehl said. “Our chemistry is getting better each week as we focus on it during practice.”

The Cowboys will take on the Wichita Falls Hirschi on Saturday at 8 p.m. in the Kay Yeager Coliseum in Wichita Falls.

About the Writer
Arman Merchant, Staff Writer

Arman Merchant is a junior and a second-year staffer on The Sidekick. He enjoys his time watching football, listening to music and walking his dog. With...