Cowboys looking to soar past state power in Allen (with video)

Bren Flechtner

Coppell High School junior Joseph Sheddy congratulates senior KK Moe for making a good tackle, as senior Pierce McFarlane celebrates with the crowd. The Coppell Cowboys played against McKinney Boyd at Buddy Echols Field last night and came out with a win, 34-24.

Nicholas Pranske, Staff Writer

Every team, performer or artist of any kind has their big moment. The moment that puts butterflies in their stomachs and all kinds of thoughts going through their heads. For the Coppell Cowboys (2-0) football team, that moment is tomorrow night at 7:30 against the state-ranked Allen Eagles (2-0) at Eagle Stadium.

The Eagles have had recent success against Coppell. However, the Cowboys did defeat Allen, 27-24, in a memorable overtime game in 2012 at Buddy Echols Field. In reference to that win and in anticipation for the coming game, Cowboys senior quarterback Brady McBride thinks the Cowboys can replicate the result that came five years ago.

Coppell High School junior Joseph Sheddy congratulates senior KK Moe for making a good tackle, as senior Pierce McFarlane celebrates with the crowd. The Coppell Cowboys played against McKinney Boyd at Buddy Echols Field last night and came out with a win, 34-24. Photo by Bren Flechtner.

“Against Allen in 2012, the difference was the [offensive line]. We had guys rotating around, making their blocks,” McBride said.

Coppell coach Mike DeWitt is optimistic in his team’s game plan as it faces the challenge of playing a state power. He takes pride in how his team plays and prepares.

“We are going to play to our standards and not to our opponents’,” DeWitt said.

Tickets are available for presale for $4 for students and $6 for adults at the CHS fieldhouse. All tickets at Eagle Stadium are $8.