Tegan and Sara to headline at Palladium Ballroom next Thursday

Maddie Walters

Calling all Tegan and Sara fans! Your favorite Canadians will be here next Thursday Feb. 25 at the Palladium Ballroom in Dallas.

The twin sisters got their start in the music business since 1999 and has released six studio albums since then, including their most recent release Sainthood, which came out in the fall of 2009. Both sisters play piano and guitar and they write their own songs.

One of the reason I am such a huge fan of their music is their deep and emotional lyrics. Perhaps because the sisters have eachother for inspiration and support, their lyrics and songs are incredibly powerful. As a woman, their lyrics are easy to relate to, which makes them so enjoyable.

Sainthood was generally well received by critics, scoring 80 out of 100 from 15 reviews on review aggregator Metacritic. The album debuted at #21 on the Billboard 200, selling 22,665 copies in its first week and their song ‘Hell’ came in at number 99 on the Australian Triple J Hottest 100 in 2009.

If you would like ticket information about the concert, go click here for the link to the Palladium Ballroom.