YouTubers dish out festive DIYs, ideas for Valentine’s Day

Graphic by Nicholas Brandon Brigis

By Gabby Sahm

@gabbysahm

Hearts are being strung from ceilings, and paper hearts are being taped to doors and walls of classrooms. Valentine’s Day themed items are in full effect with only a week left until the big day.

Whether you plan to spend it with your significant other, or maybe just have a movie night in with friends, Valentine’s Day should be a day for love. Many YouTubers are coming out with fun “do-it-yourself” (DIY) videos to help you get prepared for the upcoming holiday.

If you plan on surprising that special someone with a romantic date, but do not have any ideas, YouTuber Aspyn Ovard is here to help. She posted a video based on cool Tumblr inspired date ideas for teens, or maybe even fun ideas you can do with your friends.

Now you cannot have Valentine’s Day without all the goodies and sweets. YouTuber Rosanna Pansino posted videos about sweet treats you can make and pass out for the festive day. From tiny cupids arrows to mini cheesecakes, she has ideas for every sweet tooth out there.

For those of you who like to eat a little more healthy or maybe want to try a healthier option, Bethany Mota’s video would be the video to watch. She talks about all the healthy, but still delicious, options you can make for the day.

Lastly, we come to the gifts. If you are tired of giving the same box of chocolates and bouquet of flowers just like everyone else, Meredith Foster is here to help. She posted a video about unique gifts and ideas that anyone can make and gift to your friends, boyfriend/girlfriend or family members like a coffee mug or monogrammed candle.

She even has DIY room decor so you can spice any room in your house.

With all these great tips, getting into the Valentine’s Day spirit can be easy. Spending the day at home can turn into a mini party with the festive treats, gifts and decor you learned to make can make it a special occasion.