IB kids warm up CHS in time for finals

By Ashleigh Heaton
Entertainment Editor

With tempertatures continuing to plummet toward subzero levels, Coppell students and staff find themselves needing a warm pick-me-up as they make the morning trek through the chill from their toasty car to the heated school building. Starting next week, a select group of International Baccalaureate (IB) students will be there to help with a warm cup of hot cocoa.

Just in time for finals week, IB students will set up outside the north entrance to the school near student parking armed with Styrofoam cups and thermoses filled with piping hot chocolate. For only 50 cents, students and staff can pick up their own on their way into the school in the morning.

The proceeds from the fundraiser will go toward Pennies for Peace, a program founded by “Three Cups of Tea” author Greg Mortenson that funds the improvement and building of girls schools in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

The students will be offering hot chocolate starting Monday, Jan. 11 through Friday, Jan. 23 before school begins at 8:20 a.m. And couldn’t we all afford a little warmth in our fingers and throughout the world?