Time Warp Band brings energy to Concert In The Square

By Nicolas Henderson

@happenstance98

As Coppell continues to revitalize its town square, the city is constantly introducing new businesses and new events to the neighborhood. One of those events, the Concert In The Square, took place Saturday evening to a warm response.

Headlined by the Time Warp Band, self proclaimed as “DFW’s finest special event band”, the chilly evening soon heated up with an entertaining performance by the aforementioned band, as well as amenities such as free popcorn served by the Coppell Parks and Recreation Department.

The Time Warp band vocalist Lori Carlyle opened the set with a very fitting message – “It’s a little chilly outside so we’re gonna warm you

Vocalist Lori Carlyle (left) and guitarist/vocalist Rodney Bollinger (right) perform at Concert in the Square on November 1st in Old Town Coppell with their band, Time Warp. The band performed several chart toppers, both old and new, to keep the attendees of the event entertained all night long. Photo by Sarah VanderPol.

up with some tunes.” And warm us up they did as they performed a nice set of classic rock songs as well as some modern pop mixed in, successfully pleasing all age groups in attendance.

“We survey the entire community and we ask for their input on some of their favorite bands and what kind of music they would like to have at the event and that’s how I decide who to book for these events,” Coppell event coordinator Tammy McGee explained.

Though the chilly weather kept a lot of people indoors, once the music started a modest crowd had formed on the lawn, and by the middle of the first song people were already off their feet and dancing to the music.

“The Time Warp Band was a great choice for this event because they are very talented and they played a good selection of songs,” Coppell High School junior Karthik Kura said.

The band kept the crowd entertained throughout the three hour event, with highlight a moment including the Time Warp horn section coming off the stage and playing in the audience.

“It’s really cool that Coppell has free events like this,” junior Isaac Adegbenro said. “I would definitely attend another one.”

Despite the chilly weather, with help from The Time Warp Band Coppell was able to pull off a successful Concert In The Square on Saturday evening. The general consensus seems to be that a great time was had by all in attendance.