Redskins draft plan

By Andy Tabor

As everyone in the entire nation saw, the Washington Redskins had one of the ugliest seasons in NFL history.  After many mediocre  and incredibly embarrassing games (some of which were nationally televised), the Redskins have an extremely good chance to turn their franchise around.

With the fourth pick in the NFL draft, the Redskins have a unique opportunity to rebound quickly with an impact player and return to glory; however far that glory may be.  Listed below are my own top five picks I would make if everyone college prospect were on the board for the Redskins at pick four.

1. Ot Bruce Campbell, Maryland- An area guy at Maryland, has the raw talent and skill to make him a great blindside offensive tackle.  Why not welcome in a new Campbell while kicking out the old one?

2.  Qb Sam Bradford, Oklahoma- Bradford, if you recall, won the Heisman two years ago.  That season was an unreal display of pocket presence and overall talent.  If Bradford can emulate that with the Redskins, then the risk of taking a potentially injured player would turn immediately into a huge reward.

3. S Eric Berry, Tennessee- As a huge Washington Redskin fan, I think I speak for every skin fan when I say I want Sean Taylor back.  Who better to fill the huge shoes left behind and the huge holes left in the secondary then quite possibly the most electrifying play maker in the draft in Berry?

4. Rb Ryan Matthews, Fresno State- Would be a definite reach at pick number four but if you consider that running the football is the ultimate clock management tool, and that the Redskins still have the run first philosophy, then Ryan Matthews (the leading rusher in college football this past season) is Dan Snyder’s man.

5. Ot Anthony Davis, Rutgers- Any offensive lineman taken at the number four slot would be a complete blessing and a miracle.  Davis seems like a hard nosed athlete and has his name spread across many a mock draft. 

There you have it, skins fans rejoice now while options are plentiful and there is a chance that we can actually change our luck in this new decade.  In the next five seasons people will either remember this as the draft the skins turned it around, or the year that a one time classy and successful franchise fell lower and lower to the depths of the Detroit Lions.