Let’s start a Resolution!

By Natalie Hill, center spread editor

Haven’t thought of your 2010 New Year’s Resolution? At a loss of ideas for way to improve or benefit your life? Here are some ideas, some cliche, some out of the ordinary.

Lose weight!– Yes, you’ve all thought about it. The Thanksgiving turkey and pie and THEN the Christmas sweets may be starting to pile up. Go hit the gym, give up sugary foods, stop snacking… whatever it is to make this resolution easier! Remember girls, prom is only three and a half months away!

Get organized!– Find those manila file folders and look through your documents on your computer. What do you REALLY need? It’s a new year… Why start it out cluttered?

Get back in touch with religion!–  Yes, the holiday season did just finish, but hey, we all get in a rut sometimes. Go back to whatever church you choose to go to, dust off whichever book you choose to read, remember the phrase WW(insert your chosen religious icon here)D?

Stop cussing!– Who needs those S-words, F-words, Q-words, W-words and whatever words add some “personality” to your conversations?

Read a book!– Remember: “Today a reader, Tomorrow a leader!”

Detatch yourself from Facebook!– Come on guys, it’s almost the end of the year, do some homework and hang out with friends! Facebook IS NOT socializing, despite the fact that it’s a social network.

Take the SAT/ACT!– The sooner you start taking it, Juniors, the sooner you can start retaking it!

Learn to knit!– Hit up grandma  and have her  teach you an old trick of the trade! It’s a lot more fun than it looks…maybe!

Broaden your music styles!– There are other really great musicians in the world (www.myspace.com/claytonfikemusic), drift away from Owl City, Lady Gaga, and whoever is being played on KISS FM nowadays! Purevolume is a great place to find new up and coming artists!

Walk the dog daily!– Fluffy isn’t going to walk himself, you know!

Drive slower!– The speed limit is 30 MPH, not 30 x 2. You know the Coppell Cops WILL find you. It’s what they do.

I, personally, haven’t chosen my New Year’s resolution. Maybe I’ll figure that out this month but remember, readers: the point of making a resolution is to better yourself. It won’t do you any good if you (theoretically, of course), stop smoking, but pick up drinking.  Make this promise to yourself and make 2010 a year of growth and betterment.