Coppell hockey holds strong record

By Amanda Peck

The Coppell varsity hockey team will play Plano Sr. High School tonight for the second time this season. The first time the two competed, Plano came out with a 6-4 win.

The Cowboys record is currently 8-4, which is a great record to hold this far into the season. Last week they defeated Frisco 7-3 which was exciting due to the fact that earlier in the season they lost to Frisco 6-3. Other losses handed to the Cowboys were from Plano West and Southlake Carroll, both being teams that the Cowboys are scheduled to play again this season.

The rest of the games Coppell will play are against teams that they have previously played. Therefore, they are hoping to keep their strong record and beat teams that they have previously lost to as well as defeat the other teams for a second time.

Since the winter break is coming up, the Cowboys will play Jesuit on Saturday Dec. 19 and will resume their regular schedule on Thursday Jan. 7 against Highland Park.  

The Cowboys are hoping to continue their hard work and keep their record as strong as it currently is. So, come out and support the Cowboys the next few weeks as they take on some of their biggest rivals!