Winter weather strikes Coppell

By Jay Carroll
Business Staff

Thursday morning students woke up to snow on the roads, minor car accidents and students sliding all over the road in their cars as the snow has continued to fall throughout the school day.

Many students have been speculating about whether or not there will be early releases or closures for Friday.

“Basically what the district is going to say at the elementary level is parents that are concerned about their kids can come get them at about 1:30,” Coppell High School Principal Mike Jasso said. “For those of you that drive, we want to get you home before 4, so we will be announcing those things in a little bit, and for those of you that do not drive, most of you have phones where you can call your parents.”

Coppell ISD has already cancelled all after school activities and said that the buses will pick up at the regular times.

Jasso also added that there has been no decision made for school tomorrow and you can stay up to date by following Coppell ISD on Twitter, @Coppellisd.

Feb. 6, On Thursday, Coppell was hit with snow flurries covering the campus in white. School continued as usual all day. Photo by Sandy Iyer.