Night Time, My Time gives Ferreira fans new album filled with electronic vibes

Night+Time%2C+My+Time+gives+Ferreira+fans+new+album+filled+with+electronic+vibes+

By Sloane Samberson

The California born singer/songwriter, Sky Ferreira is here to please with her new album, Night Time, My Time. Each song contains supersonic vibes that make you feel as if you are brave, fearless and young living in the great town of New York City.

Ferreira is not your typical music artist. Aside from her angelic yet fierce voice, she also models. You will often come across pictures of Ferreira as you scroll through the popular blog-site, Tumblr.

Ferreira’s career began to blossom back in 2009 when she signed with the German record label, Parlophone, then two years later released her first album As If!. Since then she released an EP titled Ghost, and her most recent album Night Time, My Time.

Night Time, My Time consists of 12 wonderfully written yet totally different songs. Her song “Kristine” sounds very grunge with a hint of electronic, whereas “I Blame Myself” is evidently pop.

My personal favorite is “Ain’t Your Right”. The electronic beat gives this relational song a totally twisted essence. You think it would be a song about revenge or a break up, but it talks about all the good and bad feelings she got when she was with the boy she liked.

The album overall exceeded expectations. The uniqueness of Ferreira’s voice keeps the listener interested in what song is to come next, and the variety between each song will never leave you bored. If you are in the mood to listen to something empowering, any song from Night Time, My Time is bound to satisfy your desire.