Let the battle begin: New Tech to put on 3rd annual dodgeball tournament

By Sloane Samberson

Students across Coppell readily prepare themselves for the battle of the century to commence this Saturday, in a fight to see which dodgeball warrior is most skilled.

For the third year, New Tech High School is putting on their annual The @ Battle in hope of raising money for junior and senior activities throughout the year. This years battle will take place Saturday at CMS North and Denton Creek Elementary. Sign in will start at 9 a.m., but the battle officially begins at 10 a.m.

The @ Battle was previously put on by volunteers from the Parent Teacher Student Organization, but has been taken over by New Tech’s Learner Leadership Council.

“First, second and third place winners will all receive prizes. The further up you are the bigger the prize. To give you an idea of the prizes (in no particular order) there could be, J Macklin gift cards, Urban Air gift cards and many others,” New Tech Senior Chris Allred said.

Anyone who is in fourth grade through 12th is allowed to participate in the tournament. Teams of six players costs $90, and this does include each team members T-shirt and admission into the battle.

“I feel like this tournament is a great opportunity for Coppell to come closer. This is one of many opportunities that the community provides students with to come together and have a fun, competitive time with their friends. The @ Battle will be an enjoyable experience that will provide students with the chance to meet other students they do not already know,” New Tech sophomore Mason Lonborg said.

For more information or to sign up for The @ Battle visit www.theatbattle.com. Sign ups end on Friday and New Tech student council hopes to see you there ready to battle.