National teacher appreciation day tomorrow

teacherBy Mabry Culp

Teachers bear a large burden day to day between grading, students, and classroom activities. Every year there is a chance for students to display their thankfulness to the teachers who pour out their knowledge to us every day, and tomorrow is that day.

This day is not just at Coppell High School, but nation wide. The National Education Association recognizes May 7 as a day around the country to show teachers love.

In recent years, social media has become a tool for learning as well as publicizing days like these, so the NEA created the hashtag #ThankATeacher to help students everywhere demonstrate things they have learned from their teachers. They give the examples “If you can write your name #ThankATeacher” and “If you follow your dreams #ThankATeacher”.

Along with the hashtag and the ride spread recognition, students can do anything from writing a short note to socializing less in class to show teachers that their hard work and efforts are noticed.

For more information on teacher appreciation day or to find out how you can spread the love to teachers, click here.