Fame Musical Theatre Class prepares for Broadway

By Nikki Dabney

The CHS Theatre Department is gearing up for the Fame Musical Theatre Class presentation of “Fame…Dreams of Broadway”. Fame is a show choir like CHS’ Vivace, but includes an element of acting; the performers act as if they were a character in the musical.

“I want to be on Broadway and Fame has helped me improve the three skills you need to possess in order to be in musical theatre: singing, dancing and acting,” sophomore Fame member Sheridan Miller said.

The Fame members have been preparing since the beginning of the semester and include Travis Chin, Cole Cloutier, Bailey Farrell, Alex Fuselier, Rachel Graham, Tiffany Hill, Bobby Manning, Sheridan Miller, Jessica Moore, Christina Moreno, Lexi Nail, Madison Pickett, Ari Randell, Aman Sharma, Kae Shimizu and Derek Weix.

The show will feature songs from classic musicals, such as Footloose, Anything Goes and Guys and Dolls. 

The curtain goes up on the one and only performance beginning at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 27 in the auditorium at Coppell High School. Tickets are five dollars for students and seven dollars for adults and can be purchased at the door starting at 6:30 p.m.

“I am looking forward to the audience seeing how far we have come since the first day of school,” Miller said. “We have really grown.”

For more information, please visit the Theatre website at coppellHStheatre.com.