Exploring College Options to visit Dallas

By Mabry Culp

Applying to college is an anxious and stressful process for all students. The program Exploring College Options is designed to alleviate the stress from students and parents by educating them on the basics of applying and how to spiff up their resumes. On Tuesday May 14th the program will be in Dallas Texas.

Multiple universities including Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, Pennsylvania, and Stanford run the event. The admissions counselors of these colleges give brief presentations about their individual school, then they collectively take questions.

Being that those schools are the top five ranked in the United States, the convention is a way for hopeful students to get the in on what these schools would like to see on their transcripts and resumes.

The event will be in several locations across Texas from May 5-18th, including Arlington, Dallas, and Fort Worth.

Registration happens online, and the process asks for all basic information such as name, address, telephone number, as well as number of guests. With the registration, an optional survey is included that inquires future major and schools of interest. The information received in these surveys will be distributed to the students school of interest.

For more information on this program, click here.