Students worship at Christian concert

By Nikki Dabney

Friday, Feb. 15 many Coppell High School students went to the Rock and Worship Roadshow at the American Airlines Center.

The Roadshow is an annual tour of Christian bands and artists. This year’s tour included MercyMe, Jeremy Camp, Tedashii, Kutless, Family Force 5, Luminate, Rhett Walker Band, and Adam Cappa.

The Roadshow is designed to be something that the entire family can enjoy, but they specifically want the youth to walk away from the concert as a changed person.

Because of their mission, the bands are not looking to make a large profit, so all tickets, from the floor to the upper level, are only $10 at the door.

The tour partners with Compassion International, a child sponsorship program, Grand Canyon University,a private Christian university in Arizona, Imagine A Cure, a company fighting against juvenile Diabetes, and Logos, a Bible software company, which they enthusiastically promote.

Promotion of Compassion really moved the audience to act. Employees handed out child packets, which featured a child in need of sponsorship. Each packet was the only one of its kind, which personalized the experience for families who chose to sponsor a child.

If you can’t wait until next year, you can follow the tour as they travel around the United States by watching the The Rock and Worship Roadshow- The Film and see all the behind the scenes action.

The Rock and Worship Roadshow is a safe, clean, and inexpensive way to spend a Friday night for people of all ages. The tour will be back next year and, as always, will be more than just a concert. It is a life-changing experience.