The Sidekick

The Sidekick is the official student newspaper for Coppell High School. Its purpose is to inform, entertain and provide an educational resource for its readers. This newspaper is a public forum for student expressions and thus student editors make all content decisions. The advisor of The Sidekick is Chase Wofford, who is currently in his eighth year instructing the staff.

In addition Senior Editor-in-Chief Michelle Pitcher, The Sidekick has 44 staff members, including ten editors, five photographers, three graphic and page designers, five sports writers, and 21 staff writers. Alongside the six print issues each week, the staff works together to post exclusive content on coppellstudentmedia.com, including stories and columns, blogs, video podcasts, sports notebooks and stats and photo galleries.

The Sidekick is a member of ILPC, NSPA and JEA. The Sidekick was the NSPA Pacemaker finalist in 2002, The Dallas Morning News best newspaper honorable mention in 2006, Best Newspaper and Best Website in 2011 and received the Award of Distinguished Merit in 2003, 2008, 2010 and 2011, and is a Bronze Star recipient for 2009 and 2011 from ILPC.