Library book club kicks off this month

By Corrina Taylor

For those who are avid readers, those who made resolutions to read more or those who just want to be more involved in the community the Page Turners Book Club is the ideal opportunity. The club meets the second Monday of each month at the William T. Cozby library to discuss the book that is selected within the group. Books range from fiction to non fiction and all result in enlightening conversation at the club.

This month’s book is The Zookeeper’s Wife By Diane Ackerman, club members can check out their book at the library and start reading. The Zookeeper’s wife focuses on the holocaust, as the zookeeper smuggles Jews into  the empty animal cages in order to keep them safe. Follow the story through the diary of Antonina Zabinski and her husband through its twists and turns.

Next month’s book to discuss is Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah, a tale of two sisters learning of their mother’s frightening life. The book is told alternating from the past and the present as it goes through the journey of their mothers war-torn life.

Be sure to come out tonight at 7 pm. to join in on the discussion, or to sit back and listen. All adults are welcome.