Not enough room for all holiday specials to air

By Will Thomas

Since the beginning of the film industry, the holidays have been overrun with movies and television specials. Many of which have warmed our hearts and will stay there. But as each holiday season passes by, a new wave of specials air on every network. The beloved Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer only airs once, maybe twice each year. ABC Family does their annual “25 Days of Christmas” special while airing both the old and new, but each year the old become more rare. The classic stop-motion animated characters of the 20th century have been replaced by live-action child actors and romantic comedies. Several are even being remade with CGI. There have been multiple sequels to RudolphFrosty the Snowman and The Year Without a Santa Claus. And we can never forget Jim Carrey’s live action interpretation of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

To make sure you do not miss your favorite special, you can see when it will be aired here. What is your favorite holiday special and are you worried it may be removed from the schedule? Leave your answer in a comment down below.