Coppell parade ushers in Christmas spirit early

Graphic by Sophie Nauyokas with special contributions from Jordan Bickam

By Kristen Shepard

Already, wooden santas and lighted reindeer are making their way up in the lawns of Coppell residents. December is still over 4 weeks away, but the city of Coppell is eager for the arrival of this winter holiday.
This Saturday, December 1, the city will be heading off a lighted parade to usher in the holiday cheer. In prior years, the parade has been in the morning, causing the lighting to be unnecessary, but this year, the parade will be shining.
If you are looking to attend this year’s parade, head out to Parkway drive. The parade will officially start at 6:30 p.m. Be sure to get there early if you want to sit front row along the curb. You can even bring your children, dogs or reindeer.
This year, the festivities will continue after the parade comes to an end. A concert with santa will be one of the many events occurring in Town Square after the parade ends. Food will be given out and available to purchase. Also, a tree lighting will happen amidst the other activities. The lawn behing City Hall will be abuzz with Christmas spirit, and if you are eager for the Christmas Season to start, head out to this year’s parade and party!