Cowgirls look for revenge against Hawks

By Andy Tabor

The Coppell Cowgirls look to defeat the Hebron Hawks for the first time this season in what is an incredibly important match.  This match decides which team will move on to the regional semi-finals.

Hebron has beaten Coppell in the regular season twice, the first time in five games at Hebron and the second time in four games, without senior Co-captain Deirdre Pajares.  The Cowgirls look to continue their unbelievable playoff run as underdogs against Hebron.

The Cowgirls look to have consistent play from everyone including their two talented freshmen.  Erica Bohannon is the x-factor for the Cowgirls tonight, if she gets on track early then she will have an outstanding contribution to the outcome of the match.

“If I get it going early I really feel into the game and pumped.” Bohannon said. “That first kill just makes me feel so good and motivates me to keep trying my best.”

Freshman Cassidy Pickrell, is expected to see the court about as much as usual against the Hawks but is the type of player that can do a lot with a little.

“Whenever I get on the court I am prepared and ready to play.” Pickrell said. “I go out and am intense until the point is over.”

As long as the Cowgirls continue to play motivated and consistent, their journey will continue farther into the playoffs.  Tonight’s game is at Grapevine High School at 6:45 pm.