Deadmau5 doesn’t disappoint, House of Blues does

By Angela Almeida                                                                                                      Opinions Editor

Last Friday, Canadian-born Joel Zimmerman, otherwise hailed as “Deadmau5”, preformed at the House of Blues in Dallas. As a personal fan of progressive house (his genre) I expected to find what I usually encounter. However, such was not the case.

Deadmau5, kicked off the night at the early time of 10 p.m. With a sold-out show, I could only hope the somewhat smaller venue could accomodate for so many people. It did, but that’s not to say the employees can be attributed with the same success rate.

In reality, upon going to pick up the tickets at will call I was told that my name wasn’t on the list. Despite e-mail verification, the card of purchase and my i.d., it seems the House of Blues had misplaced something. Rather than help me in dealing with this discrepancy, I was told to leave because ‘there was nothing they could do.’ A little while later, however, they mysteriously came upon a new list and realized I was in fact on it.

So, an hour of waiting in utter despair and the House of Blues was slowly becoming a place of literal and emotional blues. Needless to say, I advise to anyone attending the House of Blues (at least for an electronic concert) to call ahead and confirm their name on the list. First and foremost, however, be persistent in making sure they don’t jab you out of a must-see show.

Thus, although Deadmau5 proved his title, I can’t say the same for the House of Blues.

See more about Deadmau5 here: http://www.deadmau5.com/