Chipotle holds Halloween dress up contest

By Caroline Carter

For those looking for something quick and fun to do this Halloween, Chipotle offers a unique way to be in the spirit of Halloween while benefiting a good cause.

On Oct. 31, Chipotle is offering two dollar meals if you come in dressed in a Halloween costume. Most meals normally cost anywhere from seven to 10 dollars, but from 2:00 P.M. till close, burritos, salads, tacos and burrito bowls will only cost two dollars.

The proceeds from the night will go to the Chipotle Cultivation Foundation.The Chipotle Cultivation Foundation commits itself to creating a more sustainable and healthy food supply and raising awareness about food issues. In the past few years, the foundation has donated over two million dollars to help fund and support family farming, culinary education and sustainable agriculture.

Participants in the dress up contest are also encouraged to post a photo of themselves in their Halloween costume to www.chipotle.com/boorito. One grand prize winner will receive a $2,500  cash prize.

A unique alternative to visiting a haunted house or trick- or- treating, Chipotle’s dress up contest will be a fun activity for all. The Coppell location is at 104 South Denton Tap Rd.