Romo throws 5 interceptions, Dallas loses 34-18 at home.

By Will Thomas

It is a disappointing day for Cowboys fans after quarterback Tony Romo threw five interceptions, two of them returned for touchdowns, putting the Chicago Bears ahead 34-18 in Arlington tonight. Romo tied his career record of five picks in a game, a number he has not thrown since his rookie year in 2007. Even with the devastating picks, he still threw for 307 yards with much help from wide receiver Dez Bryant and tight end Jason Witten. Chicago QB, Jay Cutler, threw 11 for 12 in the second half, giving the Bears a comfortable lead. The Cowboys managed to score a touchdown with a two point conversion late in the fourth quarter, but failed to recover a desperate onside kick. The Cowboys were outscored in the last three quarters with the first scoreless. The regular referees returned, but they did not seem to help Dallas, the league’s second most penalized team averaging 10.3 penalties a game. After a game like this, it is difficult to remain optimistic for Romo and the Cowboys. They are at an even 122-122 in regular season games since the beginning of the 1997 season. The questions arise every year. Can they come back from this? Is Romo the QB we need? Are playoffs still in the picture? Right now, it is too early to tell.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/recap/NFL_20121001_CHI@DAL/bears-maul-romo-cowboys-on-monday-night

1