Seniors gear up for Project Graduation

By Kristen Shepard

It is no secret. The seniors at Coppell High School are brimming with excitement for next week’s graduation. Graduation marks the end of an important chapter in each of their lives and the start of a new one.
Graduations across the nation are known for times of celebration and gift-giving, however, graduation night is also one of the most common nights for underage alcohol consumption as reported by the National Institute of Health. Coppell’s Project Graduation has been working for over 5 years to combat this issue.
By fundraising and promoting their cause throughout the year at Coppell High School, Project Graduation hosts a lock in following graduation for each year’s senior class. Held at Main Event, every student in the senior class is invited to come to Main Event in Lewisville for a night filled with fun, games and food.
The most important goal of Project Graduation is to provide a safe atmosphere for celebration. No alcohol is sold or allowed to be brought in to the venue with the hopes that the number of alcohol related crashes and injuries can be dramatically reduced.
T-shirts, also known as tickets for the event, are being sold in the commons outside of the Cafeteria during all lunches and cost $20. All other expenses are provided by the organization.