Five songs you should be listening to

By Mary Whitfill

1. Remembering Sunday – All Time Low

While the All Time Low fad died down a while back, this song is not anything you can miss. It’s a story about an alcoholic, missing girl, and someone who doesn’t believe in love. Also, it is a story about someone determined to believe in love, recovering alcoholic, and a girl who promises to be there forever.

2. Jasey Rae – All Time Low

Also making my list, Jasey Rae (acoustic version) is a song about a boy mourning a loss, but it is done is such a catchy and heart touching way that the words no longer seem sad. You’ll play it until you know every word, sing it, and make its lyrics your facebook status.

3. Blame it On Me – Maria Mena

This song encourages the listener to not ever give up on love, despite the struggles that are sure to come and the heart breaks that are bound to happen. “Don’t you blame it on love, because you will regret it, then and from now on.”

4. Hey Ya – Matt Weddle

It’s just catchy and cute.

5. Asleep – The Smiths

Featured in the greatest book of all times, The Perks of Being a Wall Flower, Asleep is about how nobody wants to be pitied but everyone wants to be comforted. It addresses the fine line between love and pity and questions if either is really okay.

Challenge: Listen.

1