Public library to host anime art contest; submissions due Friday

By Thomas Hair
Online Copy Editor

The William T. Cozby Public Library near Coppell’s Town Center will be hosting its second annual CozbyCon Art Convention on May 12 from 12 to four p.m. This convention’s name is a spinoff  of ComicCon, the infamous annual comic book convention in Dallas.

The bulk of the convention will be dedicated to the Anime, Manga and Comic Art contest. Any student, from grade K-12, may submit their own artwork into the contest as long as it is appropriate. The contest will be divided into four age categories: kindergarten to second grade, third grade to fifth grade, middle school, and high school.

Submission forms are available at the William T. Cozby Library as well as the circulation desk of the CHS Library. The contest has been accepting entries since the beginning of April and the deadline is Friday, May 4.

The Art Contest and corresponding CozbyCon convention was a smashing success in its inaugural year in 2011 and shows promise to attract all of Coppell’s anime enthusiasts once again.