Mavericks open the regular season against Wizards

By Andy Tabor

The Dallas Mavericks begin the NBA regular season with a game against the Washington Wizards.  The Mavericks come into this year with a renewed confidence after the addition of former all-star Shawn Marion.  The questions the Mavericks will need to answer will most likely be about their lack of talent and depth in their front court.

Dallas has always had a great perimeter team but the key to going far in the playoffs is having a strong presence in the middle to dictate game tempo. Forward Dirk Nowitzki is still the main force for this Maverick team, along with sixth man shooting guard Jason Terry.

The Wizards on the other hand look to improve from a horrid season finishing second to last in the entire league.  This season they look to improve behind the leadership of guard Gilbert Arenas, who is coming off of various knee injuries.

Tonight’s game should set the tone for these proud franchises, and determine whether or not the Mavericks are ready to contend; or if the Wizards are back to their winning ways of the past.

To check out more about the game, it’s only a click away.