Shop More On Polyvore

By: Maddie Walters

Every month I receive a fresh copy of the newest edition of Vogue magazine. Upon snatching it from my mailbox, I immediately run inside, jump onto my bed, turn on my bedside light and settle in for a fashion experience.

I’ll be honest, I don’t read it for the articles. The thrill of  immense inspiration that I get from the creative shoots and most importantly the outfits that Vogue is able to create is probably bordering on silly, but I don’t care. There are few things in this world that inspire me like Vogue magazine, and recently, I found the best way to express the creative rush that comes from reading it.

The answer, my fellow fashionistas, is Polyvore.com. The website was created essentially to allow creative people to express their love for fashion by creating “sets” of collages. The best part of Polyvore? The stuff that you make the collages out of are designer clothes.

Polyvore has an online catalogue of hundreds of designer clothing, jewelry, bags, accessories – you name it. You simply choose categories such as dresses or shoes and pick whichever designer you’d like and Polyvore will supply you with the shoes or dresses that designer has created for present and past seasons. It’s every art students dream.

In addition to designer clothing, Polyvore allows you to add music and your own pictures to your sets, allowing for the most creativity possible.

Polyvore is great if you have ever been inspired by fashion or want to inspire people with fashion. It’s also a fun and creative way to pass the time whenever Facebook starts to get boring. Plus, there’s the amount of inspiration that often comes from viewing exciting clothing for too long (well, if you’re like me anyways).

If you’d like to check Polyvore out, click here to be directed to their homepage and create your account today.