& the countdown begins…

By Luciana Mendes

As the 2009-10 school year progresses, there is much for students to keep in the back of their mind.

This Thursday is “Wear your favorite jersey” day, and Friday is game day for Coppell who, after a tough loss to Southlake Dragons, will take on the Hebron Hawks at home. For seniors, Jostens will be on campus during lunches on Thursday, October 15th and Friday, October 16th to take cap and gown orders. There is an $80 deposit required for the order. Friday, October 16th is also the last day for seniors to purchase class shirts. These shirts will be worn for the Senior Panoramic picture which is scheduled to take place on December 2nd. It also marks the first official gold/red Renaissance lunch for 10-12th graders. Red Ribbon Week will take place October 26-30th. During this week, seniors will be auditioning for MC spots in this year’s annual talent show. Soon following will be Thanksgiving break.

After the Thanksgiving, there are only a few weeks until the Winter Holidays. Although by then the weather will be chilly, the halls of Coppell High School will be warm. Hopefully football will make it to the playoffs, soccer and basketball season will be off to a good start, and students will be showing off their gifts in the talent show.

Coppell High School always has activities going on year round. Down season does not exist at this school. There are officially only 77 days remaining in the 2009 calendar year. Be sure to check everything off your to-do list and start brainstorming New Year’s resolutions.