Cowgirls take on Colleyville Heritage Friday night

By Chris Reagan

After rolling through Flower Mound on Tuesday night winning 3-1 the Cowgirls are taking on Colleyville Heritage in the area round of playoffs.

Heritage managed to go 10-1 in district, they’re only loss coming to a tough Grapevine team who ended the season as district champions.

Coppell had a similar scenario losing only to district champion Southlake Carroll both times the teams met.

Despite the similarities the teams have a couple key differences that play in the Cowgirls favor, the first of which being experience.

Heritage is a young team with three freshman and no seniors on the team and it shows in their play. They’re a very emotional team that gets really down when they aren’t performing well or are falling behind.Coppell, on the other hand, has four seniors as well as almost all juniors returning letterman from last year.

After falling behind early in the first round against Flower Mound, the Cowgirls have shown they have the ability to look past the score and get what they need done on the court.

If Coppell can get ahead early they could take advantage of this young panther team and should have no problem maintaining a lead and coming out with a win.

The game takes place at 7 at Grapevine High School, so get out there and support the Cowgirls in their playoff run.