Lacrosse team finishes 2nd in fall tournament

By Chase Porter

This past weekend, the varsity lacrosse team competed in the Halloween Shootout with teams from all over the Dallas.

As a senior member of the team, I have had the opportunity to play in this tournament for the four years I have been on the team. This past weekend, October 29th and 30th we had a chance to play 3 games not including the semifinal game and the championship. On Saturday, we lost to ESD but won our second game against Plano West. On Sunday, we faced off against Highland Park beating them in a well fought game from both sides.

With two wins under our belts we continued onto the semifinal game in which we defeated Hillcrest easily. In the championship game we again played Highland Park were we lost do to injuries to many of our starting players.

From my point of view, I thought that not only did the returning juniors and seniors play very well the underclassmen really showed that they can keep up with the fast pace of higher level game than they were used to in middle school. Also, our new coaching staff did an excellent job with adjusting to our style of play and the depth of our fall roster.