Playoff scenarios heat up in 7-5A

By Chris Reagan

With the season coming to a close the playoff situation in district 7-5A is heating up, especially for the Coppell Cowboys.

Southlake Carroll is the only team to officially clinch their spot, but Denton Guyer is sure to follow suit assuming they can beat Keller Fossil Ridge Friday night.

Saginaw has already been eliminated from the playoffs and Coppell is facing elimination as well if they lose Friday night to Keller. Should Coppell win they will also need Fossil Ridge to lose once as well as win the last game of the season against a tough Keller Central team.

Fossil Ridge still has a possibility of getting in if they can win their last two games or if Coppell loses one.

Coppell’s biggest game out of the two left will be Keller Central. The Chargers have hung with both Denton Guyer and Keller Central until the last few minutes of the game.

Should Coppell advance they will likely face Allen for their first game. Allen is currently ranked second in state after leading in the polls for the majority of the season.

Prediction: Southlake Carroll, Denton Guyer, Keller Central, and Coppell