New Coppell Cowboy license plates make debut

By Coleman Armes

Recently, there has been some new fan gear added to support the Coppell Cowboys collection.  This is something very different than the usual: not clothes, hats or yard signs.

This will go with you everywhere. This is the new Coppell Cowboy’s license plate.

“I am really excited about this new opportunity and can’t wait to showcase how big of a fan I am,” junior Chiaka Ogbogu said.

After Southlake Carroll, Allen and other high schools started selling personalized license plates for their schools, Coppell decided it was there turn to jump in on the action and start selling.

“A few of the Parent Teacher Organization parents asked the school district why we didn’t have any plates when other schools did and [Coppell Independent School District] took their advice and decided to create the license plates,” Coppell ISD Director of Communications and Public Relations Tamerah Ringo said.

After advertising in the spring the plates are now officially on sale with three options to choose from before you start designing your new plate. The cheapest option is the design series option. With this you choose the Coppell Cowboy’s design but instead of personalizing the letters and numbers on the back of the plate you will get a random set of letters and numbers like a normal license plate. You can receive this option for less than $30 per year.

The second option is the custom series. With this option you can choose the Coppell Cowboys design plus a three letter and two numbers messages.  You can receive this option for less than $33 a year.

The last and most expensive option, but also the option with the most freedom for personalizing your license plate is the Luxury series option. If you are a huge fan and choose this option than you will get the Coppell Cowboy’s design and be able to make a message of your choice with under six letters and numbers. All of this is for less than $60 a year.

Some of the money will go to myplates.com but the rest is given to CISD to help support Coppell athletics and the district as a whole.

“When I get one I can’t wait to drive to different places, it will show people where I’m from and that I support my home town team wherever I go,” sophomore Clay Kemp said.

To get started go to www.myplates.com/go/coppell.