Texas author makes appearance

By Dyer Whitt

Nannette McMurtry, Rosemary Clement-Moore (Author), Lex Anne Seifert, and Laura Sansone, pose for a picture during the author visit. Photo by Ivy Hess

Wednesday, September 14th, author and Texas native, Rosemary Clement-Moore, visited with the students of CHS in the library about her career in young adult literature and recent TAYSHAS nominee.

TAYSHAS is a reading list similar to the Bluebonnet program in elementary school, that picks some of the best books in the state for high school library’s across Texas. Clement-Moore’s book, “Texas Gothic,” had the honor of being nominated to the list.

The nomination already proves Clement-Moore’s talents as an author, and would add to the list of her achievements in literature, including the honor of winning the ALA Best Book for Teens award.

Clement-Moore’s books are a combination of mystery, romance, and humor, with a twist of supernatural events. Her stories are mainly influenced by her love for science fiction and shows like “Star Trek” and “Supernatural.”

During her visit at Coppell High School, Clement-Moore talked with students about her books, life, and inspiration. She discussed her keen ability in writing and described it as “always being a passion of mine.”

If you are interested in more library related programs, visit the William T. Cozby Library website for more events.