The Ultimate List to Coppell Teen Hangouts

Sonic is a popular place for Coppell residents, especially high school students, known for their refreshing drinks and upbeat atmosphere. Photo by Jodie Woodward

Coleman Armes

As the school year starts off you may be looking for a place in Coppell to hang out. Well, here is my list of the top places to go on the weekends in Coppell for teens.

Whataburger

The night before Whataburger opened last year, seniors could be seen camping out, waiting for the grand opening. There was much hype before it opened, and it hasn’t gone away. It is a great place to go, especially after Friday night football games and other sporting events. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that they have the best burgers in Coppell.

“They have great burgers and the drink sizes are huge. It always has a great atmosphere too,” sophomore Trent Armstrong said.

Coppell Aquatic and Recreation Center

The Coppell Aquatic Center is usually more active in the summer, but unlike other popular workout location, Express Fitness, it has much more than a gym. The Rec. center has a game room, basketball and volleyball courts, and an indoor and outdoor pool. It is also in the process of adding on to both the inside and the outside facilities.

Sonic on Denton Tap

If you are ever bored on a Saturday night, or just any night in general, Sonic is a great place to go. There will almost always be someone that is looking for someone to hang out with or talk to. And it is the self proclaimed “Ultimate Drink Stop,” so why not give at a try?

“We all know how active Coppell can get, so if you’re ever looking for a fun social event, Sonic at Denton Tap will prevail,” senior Teddy Croft said.

Andy Brown East

Although there is an Andy Brown West and an Andy Brown Central, this is the largest and most popular park. This park has a pavilion for parties, softball fields, ponds for fishing, basketball courts, sand volleyball courts, a walking path and even a course for Frisbee golf. This is also where large community events like Oktoberfest and the Fourth of July celebrations are held. These events feature live music, food and booths.

“If you’re a nature guy like me, you may want to walk around Andy Brown East during the sunset to hear the birds chirping and sounds of cute children,” junior Luke Jenner said.

Starbucks

Not only is it a coffee lover’s dream, but is also a great place to do homework or have study groups with friends. It is a good place to just sit down, relax and talk with friends. The best times to go are definitely early morning or late afternoon. Overall this might be the best place to relax in Coppell outside of the comforts of your own home.

Anamia’s

This place is a fancier Tex-Mex restaurant than all the other restaurants listed, and it may be the most popular restaurant in Coppell. It serves great food and is a good place to go for a Sunday lunch with the family to watch a game on one of their many TVs or just to go out to eat. This place is always busy and the food won’t let you down.