Coppell vs. Mesquite Horn preview

by Chase Porter

Tonight, August 26 at 7:30, the Coppell Cowboys will be playing Mesquite Horn away as both of the teams season openers.

Both Coppell and Mesquite have lost starters from last years senior class including Joe Minden, quarter back,  and Cam McDaniel, running back, of the Cowboys. Jake Larson is stepping in as the new starting QB and showed promise during the spring and preseason practices. Luke Jenner, will be stepping in for McDaniel as RB and has been improving and impressing the entire team. The Cowboys starting offensive line has returned for their senior season and proved themselves in last years deep playoff run. Hopefully this years defense, which suffered extreme losses, will show up to play tonight and prove themselves for the rest of the season.

The team and coaches all seem to be extremely confident that they have prepared as well as they can. Also, according to maxpreps.com the Cowboys are ranked as the leaders of our district which is great motivation for the team going into the game tonight. The game starts at 7:30 at Mesquite Horn will sure to be a great game as both teams have to prove themselves for the new season.