Cowboy football spring practices and game coming up

As the temperature rises, the CHS football teams returns to the field to prepare for what they hope to be another outstanding season. Photo by Jodie Woodward

Coleman Armes

After a record breaking 13-1 season the Coppell Cowboys start the beginning of a new season May 2.

Practices will start at 6:15am on the second and alternate with morning and afternoon practices. The Cowboys will wrap up the spring practices with the annual spring game at Buddy Echols Field May 26. JV/Freshmen will play their spring game at 4:30pm while varsity game will begin at 7:00pm.

The team hopes to go far and will try not to get caught up in the success the record breaking team had last year.

The new team will have large shoes to fill and there are a lot of questions going into the practices with many open spots for players to grab. Especially on the defense where there are only four returning starters from last year’s team.

So if you can not wait for the fall when the actual games begin come out and watch the team this spring. You can check out their practice schedule here.