Prom: how did you get asked?

Ashley Attanucci
    Web Manager

Molly Robben

“I was leaving school and walking to my car when I noticed something in it. As I got closer I realized there balloons in it. I had no idea what was going on. It was filled to the top with balloons and there wasn’t anything else, so I called Philip Hanson and he told me to go home. I wasn’t expecting anything at all. It was a total surprise, especially when all my friends, family and some of my teachers were in on the plan without me knowing. Around 500 balloons filled my car and room and some of the balloons in my room had notes in them, so I had to pop all 500 in order to find the notes which spelled out “prom”. I was shocked and really excited.”

Caitlin Garman

“Alex Taylor and I have been friends since sophomore year when we were on the same ultimate frisbee team, Boats and Hose. I’m in Ready, Set, Teach! and I help teach a kindergarten class at Mockingbird Elementary. I walked into my classroom and my teacher told me the class had a surprise for me so I sat down at the front of the room and closed my eyes. When I opened them five kids were holding up signs that said “PROM?” and then Alex walked in! It was such a surprise, I had no idea it was going to happen. It was so sweet and it was perfectly planned.”

Jake Luttmer

“Well we’ve [Luttmer and Tyler Vender] been going out for a long time and so I knew the gesture had to be really big for prom just to show her that I cared about her. I thought a lot about it and I knew that the most important thing is that it needed to be in front of a lot of people and it happened that we were having a pep rally Friday [Feb. 25]. I had to get permission, and the planning was pretty easy but the whole night before I did it i was really nervous I’m not the type of person to get up in front of a whole crowd, but I knew if I wanted to make a good impression I had to do it. It worked out and I was really happy to get the question off my chest.”

Judy Hong

“He [Michael Hayes] was in cohoots with my mom and put a Build-a-Bear and a cake that said ‘prom’ in my room. I was very surprised because I said not to do anything special because it’d be dumb since we’ve been going out for two years so I didn’t expect it! So I was in the kitchen with my mom when she randomly told me to go upstairs, so I did and I was doing my own thing like singing all the way up and there he was in my room. The cutest smile ever. He said “will you go to prom with me Judy?” and I hugged him and said yes. He had a cake for me and a bear, and actually there were rose petals leading up the stairs and to my room but I didn’t notice those until after!”

Haley Ringo

“So on Valentine’s Day, one of the things Christian Kaprelian got me was an manicure and pedicure at Perfect Nails, so after school I went to my nail appointment and when I walked in the guy told me that Christian had paid for me to get a design if I wanted, so I said OK! Once he started doing the design he made me close my eyes and I didn’t think anything was up until he became really insistent that I didn’t open my eyes, and I guess since it was Valentines Day, prom just never crossed my mind. So then the entire nail salon counted to three and when I opened my eyes I saw “Will you go to prom with me?” on one hand, and “PROM?” on the other. Chris- tian made that day so special!”