Coppell BPA students advance to state

by Divya Kumar
News Editor

After competing in the local competitions, the Coppell High School Business Professionals of America (BPA) club has taken several of its members to the next level: the state competitions. Roughly twenty of these sudents, in addition to nine middle schoolers from the local middle schools, will be in Fort Worth on Thurs. through Sat., March 3 – 5, to compete in this competition.

The tournament entails competiting in a variety of different business oriented tasks: everything from vb.net programming to small business management, database managment to advanced word processing, economic research tem to financial analyst team. Out of all of the groups competition there, roughly five individuals and three teams will have the opportunity to advance to the next level at nationals.

The high school BPA team has spent much time and energy at their afterschool meetings towards preparing for these competitions. Areas of these sorts are the kinds that modern business professionals must compete in, and the club fosters a sense of “real world practice” for students that partake in it.

“I’m really excited for this year’s competition,” BPA president senior Dinesh Seemakurty said. “We’ve done well in the local areas, and I think we’re prepared to do well at state too. There are so many things to learn from partaking in this, and it’s overall just a really good experience.”

For more information about BPA and the competitions involved, click here.