Not all goes as planned for Super Bowl XLV

Beth Anne Carroll

Super Bowl XLV has finally come and gone. However, not everything went as smooth as North Texas would have liked. Despite the great game between the Steelers and Packers, the rest of Super Bowl weekend was a bit of a disappointment. Weather and seating issues may have ruined the Metroplex’s chances of hosting another Super Bowl.

Ice, snow and temperatures in the 20s greeted football fans arriving to the area for the big game. Fans and players alike complained of the uncharacteristic winter weather and poor driving conditions. Icy conditions made driving treacherous and many flights later in the week were cancelled due to snow. The weather finally cleared for the weekend, but Super Bowl Sunday still experienced problems. Approximately 400 fans with tickets did not end up inside the game because of an incomplete section of temporary seating. While the fans have reportedly been offered a monetary reimbursement, the fans were deprived of their Super Bowl experience.

North Texas’s first Super Bowl went off with many a hitch and Cowboys Stadium may not get another chance to host after leaving a not-so-great impression.