Quadruple-header at Cowboys Stadium finishes with Coppell taking on Duncanville

Adam Bremner

As part of a quadruple-header at Cowboys Stadium, the Coppell Cowboys confront the Duncanville Panthers in a Region I Area match-up.

In a defensive battle last week at home, the Cowboys outlasted the Wildcats, 23-6, advancing them to the second round for the second straight year. With the running game at a stand still, quarterback Joe Minden rose to the occasion to get the job done despite only 62 yards from running back Cam Mcdaniel. But the game was more about the Coppell defense, which only allowed two field goals with one being from 41-yards out.

When the Cowboys take the field late tonight, they will encounter a Panther squad who is coming off an emotional overtime victory versus Irving Nimitz. Duncanville was done 14 points as the 4th quarter commenced but rallied to take tie it up before quaterback Divan Ealy ran in the winning score.

Coppell’s defense, which has been phenomenal throughout the season, will have to handle a dangerous and quick offense. The Panthers fashion a primarily rush-first game plan and it starts with Ealy and the team’s two impressive running backs. When dual-threat quarterback is scrambling or the ball is in the hands of the half-backs, it is essential for the defense to wrap-up and tackle effectively.

The showdown at Cowboys Stadium kicks off at 8 p.m. (though it will probably start at nine) as Coppell looks to extend their season. Show up early to catch the 2nd ranked Euless Trinity take on 8th ranked Allen at 5 p.m.