Giants, Eagles to face off in first place struggle Sunday

By Peter Sblendorio

Sports Editor

The NFC East race is starting to narrow down to a two-team competition, with the Giants and Eagles standing atop the division at 6-3 and the other two teams sitting with losing records.

This Sunday night, the two NFC East heavyweights will match up head on in a struggle in Philadelphia for the top spot in the division coming off two very different week 10s.

The Eagles played their best game of the 2010 season on Monday Night Football against the Redskins, torching their division rivals 59-28. Quarterback Michael Vick played his best game as an Eagle, throwing four touchdown passes and running in two more.

The Giants, on the other hand, saw their five game winning streak snapped with a loss to the 2-7 Dallas Cowboys in what was the first game of the Jason Garrett era. Even with the loss, quarterback Eli Manning continued to add to his career best numbers, throwing his 18th and 19th touchdowns in the game.

For the Giants and Eagles, a win could make them the favorite to win the division this season, and both teams will be hungry for the edge moving forward.

Click here for more on the NFL.