CHS Invisible Children Club collects “change for Change”

by Divya Kumar
News Editor

While the Invisible Children’s Club has always been a prevalent one within Coppell High School, they are surely stepping up within the next few weeks through a series of fundraisers to promote their cause to help underprivileged, or “invisible”, children in Uganda. The club is attempting to raise money for the Pabo secondary school while simulatenously competing in a contest against other schools in Texas to see who can raise the most money.

Their first plan is to “red out” the stands at the Coppell vs Keller game on November 5. In order to do this, the club will be selling red shirts for $8 throughall lunches until that date. In addition to this, on the night of the game, students are encouraged to go to Goodfish to eat dinner. A portion of all the receipts gained that night will go towards helping the Invisible Children Organization.

The whole week this is happening, from November 1st to 5th, the club will be having a contest between all fourth period classes. The goal of each of these classes is to gather change for the “Change for Change” charity, which will also go towards helping the Invisible Children. Whichever fourth period class is able to raise the most money will win a pizza party, courtesy of the club.

On November 2, 3 and 4, the club will be hosting a bake sale after school in the main hallway, across from the horseshoe. Students can stop by for baked treats, while sponsoring the cause at the same time. None of the money made from any of these fundraisers is going towards the club itself, but rather the charity.

If CHS is able to raise over $200 before halftime at the Keller game, Principal Brad Hunt has promised to grace the stage with a person rendition of “Baby” by Justin Beiber. So, if not for helping promote education in a third-world country, helping this cause will at least allow CHS students to see their principal in action at the football game.