Muslims celebrate the end of the holy month of Ramadan

This years Edi-ul-Fitr prayer at the Dallas Convention Center on Sunday September 20th was met with a unique twist, as a 17 year-old boy converted to Islam.

The details are unknown as to whether the boy was Christian before he went through the conversion process, but it as a Muslim myself, it was an interesting moment. Since the ladies and the men are segregated during the prayer, the only glimpse of the boy converting was seen on the large projector screens set up at the front.

The holy month of Ramadan was celebrated at designated prayer times, one at 9:30 am and the other at 11 am. Although special arrangements were made throughout Dallas for Eid Prayer at local mosques in Irving, Plano, Arlingtion, and Garland, the Dallas Convention Center had by far the biggest turnout. An estimated twenty thousand people attended the morning prayers.

This year, unlike other years, there were booths outside the prayer halls, and this year a rather important one was set up by the Chairman of Muslim Democratic KAKS, Syed Fayyaz Hassan regarding voter registration for the next democratic election.

The preparations for Eid were accompanied by festivals on Saturaday night where girls got Henna tattoos, and women bought clothes and jewelry to show off the next day. The entire weekend was filled with joyous moments.

Following Eid prayers, Muslims spent their entire day feasting with friends and family over delicious meals thoughout the day. This years Eid was surely one to remember and definetly a great way to end thirty days of fasting.

As most Muslims would say, Eid Mubarak to all!The men's section