CHS choir concert proves successful

Zeb White
Asst. Business Manager, Staff Writer

On Tuesday, Coppell High School’s choir department held its annual fall choir concert featuring all ten of the award-winning CHS choirs. As expected, the event was a success.

The evening began with the Acapella (the top varsity mixed choir) performing the National Anthem. Students may recognize this rousing interpretation, as it is performed at every pep rally. Following Acapella were the CMS West honor choir, Treble Choir, Concert Choir, Select Women’s, Varsity Women’s, Varsity Men’s, Brava!, Bel Canto, Vivace!, and Madrigals. Then Acapella returned to the stage to end the night with the soft, inspiring tune of “Sure on this Shining Night” and the haunting melody of “Daemon Irrepit Calidus”.

One of the highlights of the concert was when the Varsity Men’s choir took the stage to sing a touching rendition of “Tell My Father,” by Jack Murphy. Led by soloist Derrick Kaul, the performance caused many audience members to tear up.

For more information about the Coppell High School choir department, check out coppellchoirboosters.org.